1. The small ekklesia of two’s and threes are action teams which are very mobile
2. The small ekklesia of two’s and threes can more easily work in unity under Christ
3. The small ekklesia of two’s and threes can practise the ‘one another’s’ much more readily
4. The small ekklesia to a great extent are self funded, easy to organize
5. The headquarters of the ekklesia is in the home …….. ‘greet the ekklesia in the home of……’
6. The ekklesia can more readily live the life of Christ and teach the same by action 1 John 1:1-4 The Word of Life we tasted, touched, we saw, we heard……..we pass onto you
7. After Pentecost, the ekklesia continued in the Apostles teaching all about the Life of Christ, going from house to house doing it
8. There are many examples of small ekklesia in action in the New Testamant
9. If we are to be content with the love of God for our lives, then it follows that we are to be content with living the life of Christ as He established and demonstrated, and allow Him to do the building of His own body.
10. Everybody gets to play in this model (if they choose to). Paul points out that it is the ‘saints’ that are trained and equipped to do the works of service – not the selected few. The separation of ‘clergy’ of any form and the laity (saints) is an abomination to the Lord.
Who is the liar but the one who contradicts (by the way he lives) that Jesus is the Christ? This is the anti-Christ, the one who contradicts (by the way he lives), the Father and the Son. 1 John 2:22
Originally written by Victor Choudrie-